We are ready! Are you?
Today, October 29 2014, we finished adjusting all the production details with our partners at Itead Studio and the little SDR you have all been waiting for is available on pre-order. Click on the banner to visit Itead’s website.
My special thanks to Jerry of Itead who has done some incredible job tackling all the real world production problems we didn’t have during the prototyping phase.
What is Airspy?
Airspy is an advanced software defined radio receiver capable of sampling 10MHz of spectrum anywhere between 24MHz and 1.7GHz – and even beyond with extensions. It all started when we needed a good performing receiver that’s still affordable but could not find a good solution in the market, so we designed ours. We believe that as of today, Airspy is the only serious wide band receiver solution that’s high performance and yet affordable.
- Continuous 24 – 1750 MHz RX range with no gaps
- 3.5 dB NF between 42 and 1002 MHz
- Tracking RF filters
- 35dBm IIP3 RF front end
- 12bit ADC @ 20 MSPS (80dB Dynamic Range, 64dB SNR, 10.4 ENOB) – Yeah, size does matter.
- Up to 80 MSPS for custom applications
- Cortex M4F @ up to 204MHz with Multi Core support (dual M0)
- 1.5 ppm high precision, low phase noise clock
- 1 RTC clock (for packet time-stamping)
- External clock input (10 MHz to 100 MHz via MCX connector) – Ideal for phase coherent radios
- 10 MHz panoramic spectrum view with 9MHz alias/image free
- IQ or Real, 16bit fixed or 32bit float output streams
- No IQ imbalance, DC offset or 1/F noise at the center of the spectrum that plagues all the other SDRs
- Extension ports: 16 x SGPIO
- 1 x RF Input (SMA)
- 1 x RF Output (Loopthrough, U-FL)
- 2 x High Speed ADC inputs (up to 80 MSPS, U-FL)
- 4.5v software switched Bias-Tee to power LNA’s and up/down-converters
- Spectrum Analyzer,
- Fast scanner,
- Radio surveillance,
- Direction Finding,
- Passive Radars,
- FM Radio,
- Analog TV,
- Digital Terrestrial TV,
- Ham Radio,
- Two way communication services
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 (XP works but it has been deprecated by Microsoft)
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Intel i3 2.4 GHz CPU or equivalent
- 2GB of RAM (to run your own OS, airspy barely needs 1MB of memory)
- High speed USB 2.0 controller