What is Airspy?
The Airspy One series offer continuous spectrum coverage and blazingly fast and accurate scanning anywhere between 24MHz and 1.8GHz with 10MHz instantaneous view. External GPS or Rubidium clocks are also supported for professional usages.
With its instrumentation grade accuracy, powerful architecture and open API, Airspy is the weapon of choice for professionals and advanced radio enthusiasts seeking cutting edge performance at the lowest cost.
We have sensitive ears! The demand for ever cheaper, higher performance and ruggedized SDR receivers is driving the professional market. Due to the large demand from our professional customers, we upgraded recently our original Airspy One design to Revision 2. This new revision improves the following points:
- Better USB noise immunity
- Better ESD protection on VUSB
- Better ESD protection on the RF input
- Added ESD protection on the dual High Speed ADC inputs
- Better RF Shielding
- Better RF Filtering
- Replaced the micro USB connector with a custom designed, more robust, 4 through hole points model
- Better thermal stability
- Better compatibility with the SpyVerter
- LOW NOISE 0.5ppm TCXO
Contact us for more details.
Extended Coverage to VLF/LF/HF
Our new high performance converter, the SpyVerter, extends the reception range down to DC for a gapless DC – 1.8GHz coverage with a superb 10MHz instantaneous view.
- NF better than 8dB
- IIP3 > +30dBm
- Minimum RF Input: 1 kHz
- Maximum RF Input: 60 MHz
- IF frequency: 120 – 180 MHz
- Phase noise at 10kHz: -122 dBc/Hz
- We are a SDR company. When you purchase a piece of hardware, you get a fully working solution that includes a state of the art DSP and a lot of unique functionality like our advanced noise reduction. You get more “S” in your “SDR” than any other shop.
- We have one of the best DSP code in the market, crafted for use in quality sensitive markets like avionics, laboratories and government agencies. It is optimized to work with our own hardware solutions, which include the Airspy series. Incidentally, using our code with other hardware doesn’t give any advantage – unless there’s a specific agreement with the end users or OEM’s.
- The same applies to Airspy. It is priced very low compared to its performance because we want it to be a commodity hardware. This allows us to sell more sophisticated solutions on top of a common, good performing and affordable infrastructure. The high performance we promise only shows up when combined with our own DSP code.
- We sell customization services around our solution to RF OEMs, which allows them to cover specific functionality required by their customers. We believe that for university and “amateur” customers, the public version of SDR# and GNU Radio are more than adequate.
- Our QA process is fully automated with minimum human intervention and the defect rate out of the factory is better than 1/5000. Our distributors will anyway test every unit manually before shipping. There’s virtually no chance you get a faulty unit.
- We don’t make any difference between amateurs and pro’s. We respect our quality engagement either case. We have had a number of amateur users who ended up using our solutions professionally and we want to sustain this tradition.
Serious about SDR? Contact us!