Keep this one in your pocket!
Airspy Mini builds on top of the successful Airspy R2 architecture to offer a portable high performance scanner for the VHF and UHF bands.
The Airspy Mini leverages our proven low-IF architecture based on Rafael Micro R820T2 (or R860) and a high quality Oversampling 12bit ADC and a state of the art DSP resulting in up to 16-bit resolution at narrow band channels.
In Oversampling Mode, the Airspy Mini applies Analog RF and IF filtering to the signal path and increases the resolution to up to 16-bit using the software decimation. The net result is Spectacular Performance!
The coverage can be extended to the HF bands via the SpyVerter up-converter companion.
This new addition to the Airspy family is 100% compatible with all the existing software including the de facto scanning standard SDR#, but also a number of popular software defined radio applications such as SDR-Radio, HDSDR, GQRX and GNU Radio.
For a more complete list of supported software, check the download page.
- Portable VHF/UHF/SHF Radio Monitoring
- Real Time Spectrum Analyzer
- ADS-B, ATC receiver
- Radio Astronomy
- Satellite IF
- Telemetry Receiver
- Wide Band Scanner
- Ham Radio, etc.
- The gold standard SDR#
- The ultimate Narrowband Signals Analysis and Decoding Suite Krypto500
- The ultimate Wideband Signals Analysis and Decoding Suite Krypto1000
- The other excellent SDR suite, SDR-Console
- The Suiss-army SDR knife for Linux and Mac, GQRX
- Check the full list of tools in our download page
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Continuous 24 – 1700 MHz native RX range, down to DC with the SpyVerter option
- 3.5 dB NF between 42 and 1002 MHz
- Maximum RF input of +10 dBm
- Tracking RF filters
- 35dBm IIP3 RF front end
- 12bit ADC @ 20 MSPS (10.4 ENOB, 70dB SNR, 95dB SFDR)
- 10, 6 and 3 MSPS IQ output – Optimized for portable and tablets
- Up to 6 MHz panoramic spectrum view
- 0.5 ppm high precision, low phase noise clock
- 4.5v software switchable Bias-Tee 100% Compatible with SpyVerter and High Performance LNA
- IQ or Real, 16bit fixed or 32bit float output streams
- No IQ imbalance, DC offset or 1/F noise at the center of the spectrum that plagues all the other SDRs
- Best software support of all existing SDRs
- No drivers required! 100% Plug-and-play on Windows Vista, Seven, 8, 8.1 and 10, all Linux Flavors, Mac and Android
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Pine64 and UP boards
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 40°C
Minimum hardware requirements
- Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz CPU or equivalent
- 2GB of RAM (to run your own OS, airspy barely needs 1MB of memory)
- High speed USB 2.0 controller
- Open source multi-platform libairspy and airspy host tools at github
- Open source airspy firmware at github
- Linux kernel SDR API (by Antti Palosaari) at github
v1.0.0-rc10-6 2020-05-08 (Changelog)
Itead studio is our manufacturing partner. They ship worldwide directly from the factory in ShenZhen, China. Check out the store for other goodies.
RTL-SDR.com ships worldwide via Amazon Fulfilment from China and offers many other high quality services and products.
FB Radio is a supplier of communication and electronic equipment in Sweden and the Scandinavian markets.